All Dressed Up, and No Where to Go.
It has taken me a long while to pull this post together because I got caught up shopping for the perfect dress and matching shoes. A girl’s got to look cute when accepting an award nomination, you know.
I was floored (literally, I think I fell to the floor in disbelief) when Ambition in the City nominated my blog for the Liebster Blog Award. How f’n cool to have my blog recognized by a blogger I follow regularly. So, thanks to Ambition in the City and Liebster for this recognition.
I started blogging a few months ago, and have been completely humbled by the amazing feedback. Since starting Think Rainbows, I have landed freelance writing gigs, including CrossFit West10 and Accent Music Therapy. Though it wasn’t intended to be, Think Rainbows became my business card. So, thank you to the readers for helping me create these opportunities.
Hold the applause. Call off the standing ovation. There is no real award. There are no judges, no special rules. No website with an official team to congratulate nominees. It’s basically a sweet way to give recognition to new (awesome) blogs.
Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
- Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 bloggers who you feel deserve to be noticed. These blogs must have 200 followers or less. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know they’ve been nominated by you.
- Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Post all the items listed in item 2 on your blog also.
My Responses to Ambition in the City
- What’s the best book you’ve read recently?
I have yet to ever read a book cover to cover.
- Why do you blog?
It’s cathardic, and helps keep my EQ in check.
- What have you learned recently that you would like to share with others?
Brody Jenner is going to be joining the cast of Keeping up with the Kardashians as a fulltime cast member.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- What would you say is your greatest accomplishment in life thus far?
Being nice to people I dont like. 😉
- What is your favorite childhood toy?
‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin bottle opener key chain. Okay, it’s not a toy, but it’s a trinket I got it as a kid because I was obsessed with WWE wrestler. I still got the key chain.
- What’s your favorite season?
Season of miniskirts and ice cream…I mean Summer!
- What’s one or your favorite family traditions?
Annual cousins’ sleepover over the Christmas holidays.
- What’s one of your favorite guilty pleasures?
Homemade Indian Chai Tea with buttered white toast. Yum.
- What did you have for dinner?
Butter chicken and rice.
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
Still be happy.
Random Facts About Me
- I like to write.
- I am a private person.
- I watch way too much tv.
- I am a strong introvert.
- I love carbs, especially the starchy kind.
- I believe the only way money makes you richer is by facilitating travel.
- I have been skydiving.
- I have a really bad memory.
- I hate when people smack their lips when eating/chewing gum.
- I think people watching is a valid activity.
- I’m getting the ball rolling on getting my PhD.
Questions for My Nominees
- How tall are you?
- What’s your favourite boy band?
- What do you wear to bed, if anything?
- Do you have any scars? If yes, what from?
- What was the last film you saw?
- Where was your last vacation to?
- What’s your favourite joke?
- If you could learn any language fluently what would it be?
- Who would you want to play you in a movie of your life?
- If you could steal one thing without consequence what would it be?
- What’s your favourite dessert?
My Nominees (could only come up with 6 who had less than 200 followers!)
- With an Open Heart
- The Single Girl’s Guide to Dating
- Morning Coffee Bliss
Rainbow Thought: Life is good.